Scholarship and Educational Assistance is an ongoing activity of Blind Person’s Association since last many years. We offer educational assistance to sighted children of blind parents in form of scholarship and School Kit. Our organization is pioneer in initiating this type of unique Educational Scheme. Besides this, we also provide educational assistance to blind students pursuing Higher Education/ Vocational training. This scheme includes Educational Assistance to the blind girls pursuing professional Education through Thackersy Fund.This scheme is started with the following objectives:
- To motivate blind parents from weaker section in getting their children admitted to schools.
- To enable the sighted children of blind parents to pursue better education so that they can be supportive to their parents in future. Also pursue of Higher Education/Vocational Training helps them in future to avail better job opportunities.
- Scholarship and Educational Assistance
|1||School going sighted children of blind parents||600/-||600/-|
|2||For Graduation studies of blind children & sighted children of Blind Parents.||1,000/-||1,500/-|
|3||For Post Graduate studies of blind children & sighted children of blind parents.||1,200/-||1,700/-|
B. Educational Assistance:
- Free distribution of Educational Material:
- BPA Provides Note Books, Pencils, School bags, Lunch Boxes, Water bags etc. to sighted children of blind parents from lower income group. The Scheme covers students up to fourth Standard.
- During the year 2018-19 the 73 sighted children of 60 blind parents benefited by this scheme.
- During the year 2017-18 the 85 sighted children of 55 blind parents benefited by this scheme.
- During the year 2016-17 the 80 sighted children of 63 blind parents benefited by this scheme.
It has been our experience from the past several years that the scholarship to sighted children has helped them to get education & in turn has helped to rehabilitate their blind parents.
During the year 2018-19, the Scholarship of Rs. 1,41,500/- was distributed to 110 sighted children of 81 blind parents and 64 college going students.
- During the year 2017-18, the scholarship of Rs. 107,100/- was distributed to 118 sighted children of 85 blind parents and 25 college going blind students. 40 College going blind students were referred to another Charitable Trust, namely Samarthanam Trust for Scholarships.
- During the year 2016-17, the scholarship of Rs. 1,80,250/- was distributed to 121 sighted children of 85 blind parents and 70 college going blind students
- During the year 2015-16 the scholarship of Rs.190770 was distributed to 147 sighted children of 102 blind parents & 60 college going blind students.
However, with the enormous increase in the educational expenses, we intend to raise this amount substantially subject to the availability of the fund. We hope that donors like you would come forward and help us in this Herculean task of providing educational assistance to underprivileged and marginalized section of the society. This will help more blind people becoming self-sufficient which in turn will reduce the burden on society.
Documents required availing this scheme:
1. Blindness Certificate from Dist.Civil Hospital
2. Income Certificate from Collector Office/Employer
3. Bonafide Certificate
4. Latest mark-sheet
Criteria to avail this scheme:
1. Minimum 50% Marks from KG.to Graduation.
2. Minimum 55% Marks for Post-Graduation.
3. Student with ATKT or promoted remark can not avail this facility.
4. Student intend to take professional Education will get preference.
- (2017-2018) Scholarships worth Rs. 2,50,000/- was given to 20 sighted school and college going wards of blind parents.
- (2016-2017) Scholarships worth Rs. 72,000/- was given to 10 sighted school and college going wards of blind parents.
- (2015-2016) Scholarship worth Rs.72000/- was given to 10 sighted school & college going wards of blind parents.
- (2014-2015) Scholarship worth Rs 67,200/- was given to 12 sighted school and college going wards of blind parents (Rs. 2400/- each to 8 students and Rs. 12,000/- each to 4 students)
- (2013-2014) Scholarship worth Rs. 19,200/- was given to 8 sighted school and college going wards of blind parents (Rs. 2400/- each)