In India, as in other developing countries, the life expectancy of the people has risen significantly. In old age physical strength deteriorates, mental stability diminishes; money power becomes bleak coupled with negligence from the younger generation. In this scenario, visually impaired people find it further difficult to cope up with this stage of life.
To overcome this problem, Help the Aged Scheme was started by our organization in the year 1976 with the corpus of Rs.76, 000/-donated by Helpage India.
Since then BPA has been providing this service to infirm and aged Blind Senior Citizens above the age of 55 to meet their expenses such as Medicines, Grocery, Toiletries, Clothing etc.The purpose of this scheme is also to maintain a good rapport and continuous personal touch with these senior citizens who otherwise feel neglected. The visit of our Field Officer to these people every month provides an opportunity for these senior citizens to come out of their solitude, give vent to their feelings, and share their anguishes.
Under this scheme, initially a sum of Rs. 75/- per month was given to each client, which was gradually raised to Rs.300/-p.m.
Now the amount has been revised once again from this financial year .At present 13 female clients are receiving Rs.800/- per month & 26 male clients are receiving Rs.500/- per month at their doorstep.
However, due to steep rise in the cost of living, this amount is too meager to meet their daily needs. For a long time we have been contemplating to increase this amount substantially and cater to more beneficiaries subject to availability of funds.
Therefore, we request Philanthropists like you to donate generously towards this scheme.
You may sponsor one or more blind senior citizens by donating Rs. 6000/- per person, per annum.
- During the year 2013 – 2014, we spent Rs. 84,400/- under the scheme.
- During the year 2014 – 2015, we spent Rs. 1,14,100/- under the scheme.
- During the year 2015 – 2016, we spent Rs. 174000/- under the scheme.
- During the year 2016 – 2017, we spent Rs. 2,77,800/- for 38 persons under this scheme.
- During the year 2017 – 2018, we spent Rs. 2,18,500/- for 37 persons under this scheme.
- During the year 2018 – 2019 we spent Rs. 1,98,500/- for 34 persons under this scheme.
Criteria for Clients to avail this scheme –
- Blindness Certificate from District Civil Hospital
- Age proof such as Birth Certificate/School Leaving Certificate/Voter ID/Aadhar Card.
- 2 passport size photos
- Ration Card